February 17- 22
Spirit Week is a celebration of UIC that increases school pride and offers fun activities for students. The Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA) group hosts Spirit Week annually in collaboration with numerous organizations and departments, including the University of Illinois Alumni Association, Athletics, Campus Programs, the UIC Bookstore and various registered student groups!
2014 Spirit Week Events
- Paint the Windows: Your registered student organization can show off its creativity and spirit at this fun event, which takes place from 2-6 p.m. in the cafeteria at Student Center East.
- Come support your UIC Flames at the UIC vs. Detroit game at the Pavilion. There will be a poster-making and face-painting station from 6-8:30 p.m. where you can get decked out in UIC face paint as well as create a poster to support UIC!
- Blanket Making: Come out and show that UIC gives back by making a blanket for the UIC Children’s Hospital from 1-4 p.m. in the Atrium.
- T-shirt Sale: Celebrate Spirit Week by purchasing a $5 t-shirt at the UIC Bookstore. Sale begins at noon.
- Pyrotechniqs: Pyrotechniq will be bringing visually stunning kinetic fire performances and belly dancing as well as an LED/Light show. Grab your friends and some food, and be prepared for a once-in-a-lifetime event in Inner Circle from 6-8 p.m.
- Come support your UIC Flames at the UIC vs. Oakland game at the Pavilion. There will be a poster-making and face-painting station from 6-8:30 p.m. where you can get decked out in UIC face paint as well as create a poster to support UIC!
- Hustle UP University Hall: Similar to Chicago’s Hustle Up the Hancock event, which raises funds through the participation of 4,000 people each year, Hustle Up UH is a scaled-down, but comparable activity for UIC students, alumni, faculty and staff. Register at University Hall at 10:30 a.m., and prepare to “hustle” up the 28 flights of stairs!
REGISTER FOR HUSTLE UP UH
Afterward, stop by the 27th floor of UH for a UIC’s 49th Birthday Bash.