About the Award
Established in 1984, this award recognizes the alumnus or alumna who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and/or special efforts in the organization, management and support of a constituent alumni association (college, school or department alumni association).
- Nomination is required. Nominations will be considered active for three years. If the nominee is not selected to receive the award during this three-year period, he or she may be nominated for an additional three-year period. Re-nomination requires submission of a completed nomination form.
- Nominee must be a member of the UI Alumni Association.
- Nominee must be an individual or couple who has been instrumental in organizing and managing a specific constituent group; who has played a key role in developing alumni participation, improving membership and establishing relationships among alumni, students and faculty/staff within a college, school or department; and who has significantly contributed to the success of a specific constituent group.
- Faculty and staff of the University of Illinois are eligible, provided that their contributions to the Constituent Association for which the award is to be presented are completely voluntary and not a part of their normal job duties or responsibilities.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for reconsideration.
- Current members of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees; the UIAA Board of Directors; the Constituent Management Committee; and relatives, employers or employees thereof are not eligible for consideration.
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois are not eligible for consideration.
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously.
Deadline for nominations is August 31. Up to two awards per year may be selected from each campus by the Campus Alumni Advisory Board. The award is presented by the University of Illinois Alumni Association at an Alumni Association or constituent association event.
Send nominations to:
University of Illinois Alumni Association
Alice Campbell Alumni Center
601 S. Lincoln Ave., MC-077
Urbana, IL 61801