Chicago Illini of the Year
About the Award
The Chicago Illini of the Year Award, cosponsored by the University of Illinois Alumni Association (UIAA) and the Chicago Illini Club, was created in 1997 to recognize the accomplishments of Chicago-area graduates of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Up to three distinguished alumni who live and work in Chicago, or a Chicago suburb, are honored each year.
- Overall career achievement
- Positive impact, both professional and philanthropic, on the Chicago community
- Demonstrated interest in the University of Illinois
- Nomination required. Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination. Nomination will be considered active for five years.
- Must be an individual who holds an earned degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Must maintain a residence in Chicago, or a Chicago suburb, at the time of nomination.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for consideration again.
- Current members of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees, the Board of Directors of the UI Alumni Association, the Chicago Illini Club Board of Directors, current UI Alumni Association staff, and relatives, employers or employees thereof are not eligible for consideration.
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Illinois are not eligible for consideration.
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously.
Nomination Deadline: August 31.
A selection committee composed of UI Alumni Association staff and Chicago Illini Club board members will select the recipients. The awards will be presented at the Chicago Illini of the Year Awards Dinner in Chicago.
Send nominations to:
University of Illinois Alumni Association
Alice Campbell Alumni Center
601 S. Lincoln Ave. (MC-077)
Urbana, IL 61801
Fax : 217/333-7803