To increase the number of followers, Toby and Michele suggested:
• Following people first. Start by following colleagues you already know or other recruiters who source similar candidates as you
• While networking and developing relationships with candidates, ask them to follow you if they are on Twitter or consider using Twitter it if they aren't
• Use @name to gain attention
• Review your @Connect page to find out who is interested in you
• Tweet to engage and add value to your followers, such as tweeting an interesting recruiting topic versus just a job posting.
Watch for the next Twitter Tip posted on May 15th.
Source: Finding Talent Employer Series- How to Source Recruit and Brand presented by Toby Nathan (’81 LAS UI) , Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant at RecruitaStar and Michele Rempel, CEO at Mediavine.