The economy is improving and large multinational companies are looking at the emerging markets of Brazil, China and India to quickly grow and expand their business. With this expansion in these new markets comes a new set of strategies that are required and new leadership skills that global businesses are seeking in their C suite executives.
The following are excerpts from two Wall Street Journal articles titled “Hunt Is On for Fresh Executive Talent” and “Cultural Flexibility In Demand,” in the Marketplace section of the Monday, April 11, 2011 edition, which discusses the hottest C Suite skills in demand for these multinational companies to grow in these emerging markets.
The hottest C Suite skills in demand are:
• Team players who create value and were able to maintain their business during the recession.
• Ability to innovate and move quickly.
• A global perspective with international operations experience from working in different countries.
• A keen understanding and ability to adapt between different cultures.
• Having “deep local roots” or knowing how to do business with top local and regional business executives within the foreign companies.
The Alumni Career Center is hosting a New Web-Panel titled “Getting Hired In The C-Suite” on Tuesday, June 14th from 7-8pm CST. Alumni who are interested in this topic may attend in person or participate via webinar. For more details or to register click on the link for the “Getting Hired In The C-Suite” webinar.