The Winter 2011 Webinar series is designed to help you excel in your career transition and job search and understand the ACC resources that are available to you. Specifically, we've designed sessions to assist you in networking more effectively, developing your professional brand and promoting it through social media and your resume, assist you in gaining a comprehensive view of the job search process and learning when recruiters should be incorporated into your search.
Winter 2011 Session Highlights
* Kick Off Your Job Search in 2010 with Hire Ability and Higher Ability by Pat Bayers on January 27
* Take a Deep Dive into the Virtual Career Center on February 8
* Web Panel: When and How to Work with a Recruiter on February 22
Recordings of previous Webinars are available through the UIAA Virtual Career Center. New visitors will need to register with the site. The Alumni Career Center staff will then confirm your alumni status and grant you full access to the site. The recordings are available through the "Webinar Archive" link under the "About US" navigation tab.
Some of the recordings include…
* What Employers Look for in Your Application - A Hiring Manager and two Corporate Recruiters shared their recommendations and experiences regarding reviewing employment applications.
* You Won’t Get Unless You Ask! Negotiating Compensation and Perquisites - Jim Kacena presented important strategies to enhance your salary and benefits package through negotiating.
We also invite you to review the Alumni Career Center's full range of services and programs. The menu on our home page, www.uiaa.org/careers, presents selections about advising packages, the Hire UI Alumni job posting database, and the 24/7/365 Virtual Career Center for extensive content on career exploration and management, the job search, and more!
Take advantage of one of the few comprehensive career centers in the United States dedicated to alumni, as we continue to update services and programs to meet your career development needs. We’d be glad to answer your questions about how the Alumni Career Center self-directed and customized services can help you reach your professional goals: call at 312.575-7830, or send an email to email@example.com.
To view more information about the upcoming webinars and how to register, please go to our calendar, http://www.uiaa.org/calendar/. We look forward to having you join us for our upcoming programs and hearing from you.