The UIAA Alumni Career Center invites you to celebrate National Career Development Month by taking a close look at your long-term career management plans.
Tuesday, we invited you to help yourself by doing a SWOT analysis. Today we invite you to help others.
Not everyone can hire a fellow alumnus; and not every alumnus needs a job lead to more forward with their career management plan. Here are some of our suggestions for how you can help others.
- Answer a networking request
- Share information about jobs and your company in LinkedIn. (If you are a Hiring Manager, post your position in the Hire UI Alumni job board)
- Offer support and feedback to alumni you know that are in a career transition.
- Update your profile in the UIAA Alumni Directory and indicate which areas you wish to volunteer for.
- Update your contact settings in LinkedIn and indicate (1) What kinds of opportunities would you like to receive? and (2) What advice would you give to users considering contacting you?
- Share your experiences with other alumni through UIAA Alumni Career Center programs or communications efforts. Contact Julie Bartimus.
We invite you to share other things you are doing to help others during National Career Development Month. Please share your comments through the link below.