Best Social Media Practices to Engage Talent & Brand Panel Discussion
The Finding Talent employer series program on "Best Social Media Practices to Engage Talent & Brand" hosted by the UIAA Alumni Career Center provided employers with practical tips on how to best implement, and manage social media tools and deal with compliance. Watch and listen to the Webinar recording at http://tinyurl.com/BestSocialMediaPracticesWebina to hear Michele Porfilio, Sr. Manager, Strategic Sourcing Leader at Crowe Horwath LLP, Kristy Seidel, Director of Recruitment for North America Operations at Hyatt Hotels and Ric Klinger, Senior Consultant, Talent Acquisitions at talentRISE respond to some of the following questions on best social media practices and compliance issues:
- Outside recruitment, do you get your hiring managers/ hiring executives involved in social media? If yes, how do you convince them?
- How do you deal with negative posts or blogs?
- How do you target specific skill sets via social media? Are you trying to reach the highest number of individuals or are you trying to reach a specific target group? If targeted, how do you best do that?
- For a small company, how do you handle the work load of constantly being on top of pushing out, responding to information and engaging your audience?
- What are your thoughts on completing social media “checks” as par of pre-employment and post employment background screenings?