1. One or two pages
2. Primarily used in the U.S. for business and some academic roles.
3. Highlights your skills, education, work history, professional associations
4. Format may vary between a chronological, functional or a combination of the two.
Curriculum vitae (CV)
1. Two or more pages is common depending on the amount of experience.
2. Primarily used for academic or research positions in the U.S. and it is commonly used overseas for business.
3. Tends to be more detailed highlighting skills, education, work history and/or academic background, teaching and/or research experience, fellowships, grants, publications, presentations, awards, honors, professional associations, etc.
4. A chronological format is commonly used.