Employers review career portfolios as a screening tool prior to interviewing candidates for artistic and many design type positions. Very few professionals in other fields use a career portfolio because they are not expected to have one. The “Career Portfolio: The Tool for Your Interview Advantage” focuses on how professionals in traditional, non-artistic or design type fields can gain an edge in an interview by creating a career portfolio. Professionals can also learn how to strategically incorporate this tool during an interview to prove they have the skills and competencies discussed in their resume and in the interview. The webinar will also answer some commonly asked questions such as…
1. Is it important to have an extra copy of your career portfolio to leave with the employer?
2. How to do you present a “work product” without sharing proprietary or confidential information?
3. Is it okay to share the before and after versions of an already existing document, brochure, etc. that you improved?
4. How do you show work that you co-authored?
5. Can emails with positive comments on your performance/projects completed appropriately be included
Contact the Alumni Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the webinar recording link sent to you.