The Alice Campbell Alumni Center is a showcase venue offering a wide variety of accommodations for all your conference and events needs. The architect's rendering below shows the building and it's more than 12,000 square-feet of rentable space and various seating plansthat are available. Adjacent parking offers convenient access to the center. The Alice Campbell Alumni Center is handicapped accessible and is a smoke-free facility.
Rental Policies and Procedures
- USE: Any use of the Alice Campbell Alumni Center must be
scheduled through the Events Department at 217/244-9035.
- SPACE: Space will be reserved on a first-come basis and
tentatively held (for not more than ten (10) business days until a signed contract
and full deposit are on file with the Events Department. Space is booked in eight-hour
units (inclusive of setup and tear down). If you require additional time, please
contact the Events Department immediately for details.
- RESERVATIONS: Beginning July 1, reservations may be made
for the following fiscal year. For example:
Events that occur between: Reservations may be made beginning: Sept 1, 2012-Aug. 31, 2013 July 1, 2011 Sept. 1, 2013-Aug. 31, 2014 July 1, 2012 Sept 1, 2014-Aug. 31, 2015 July 1, 2013 Sept 1, 2015-Aug. 31, 2016 July 1, 2014
- EQUIPMENT and ANCILLARY SERVICES: Rental equipment, such as audio visual aids, lecterns, microphones, phone needs, stage risers, etc. are available through the Events Department. Charges will be included on the final bill.
- FOOD: All food or beverage brought into the Alice Campbell Alumni Center must be contracted through one of the approved caterers. A Catering Surcharge will be assessed for all catered events, see rate sheet for details.
- ALCOHOL: For all events, all alcohol must be arranged through an approved caterer. All bars require catering personnel to handle all sales and service of beverages. For events for 100 people or less, the Alice Campbell Alumni Center will serve alcohol and provide bartenders. Please ask to see our Bar Packages for information..
- SMOKING: The Alice Campbell Alumni Center is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted outdoors in the designated area.
- DELIVERIES: All deliveries must be coordinated through the Events Department. All deliveries must be made to the loading dock that is located at the southeast corner of the building. The University of Illinois Alumni Association cannot assume any responsibility for items left by the caterer, rental company or facility user.
- DECORATIONS: Props, floral arrangements, live plants and weighted helium balloons are welcome. All decorations and rental items must be approved by the General Manager. They must be free-standing, including signs. Nothing is to be attached to the walls or ceiling. No posters or banners will be permitted on the Alumni Center exterior or grounds without the approval of the General Manager. No tacks, nails, tape or similar items may be used in meeting rooms and/or corridors. Glitter, “silly string,” rice, sprinkles or confetti will not be allowed in the Alumni Center. Candles in a hurricane lamp will be allowed, but candles, hurricane lamp and flame must extend no more than six inches above the table surface.
- PARKING: The Alice Campbell Alumni Center does not have a parking lot. There are nearby University of Illinois lots that are rented and are not available for parking until 5 p.m. on weekdays. All visitors to the Alumni Center must read the blue signs at the entrances to parking lots and obey all parking regulations and pay parking meters as necessary; there are also parking meters on the streets. To make special parking arrangements, please call UI Parking at 217/333-3530.
- DEPOSITS: Non-University sponsored event reservations must pay one-third (1/3) of the total amount of the estimate at the time the agreement is signed; one-third (1/3) is also due one week prior to the event, and the final amount will be due upon invoicing following the event. All payments are non-refundable and will be applied to the final bill unless otherwise stipulated as a “damage deposit.”
- PAYMENT: Acceptable forms of payment are procurement card, credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover), check and cash. If paying by check, please make it payable to University of Illinois Alumni Association. Payment must be made within ten (10) working days of receipt of final billing statement.
- LIABILITY: Each facility user shall indemnify and hold harmless the Association, its agents and employees against any and all damages, claims, liability due to loss of the property of others or any other liability arising out of its use of the Alice Campbell Alumni Center. The facility user is responsible for the payment of any damages to or loss of The Association's property if it occurred as a result of the preparations or clean up for, or during the actual event itself. Please Note: All Non-University use of the Alice Campbell Alumni Center requires that insurance be purchased to cover the event. Please see your Rental Agreement or General Manager for details.
- COMPLIANCE: The University of Illinois Alumni Association reserves the right to deny use or continued use of its facilities to any person or organization not complying with the Association's policies and procedures.
- FIREPLACE(S): The fireplace(s), if used, must be set and attended by the building manager.
- ANIMALS: Animals are not allowed inside the Center, except for those licensed to assist persons with disabilities.
- DAMAGE: Renters will assume all costs for damage to the Alumni Center, including damage that may occur to floors, walls and fixtures that may be caused by movement of tables, chairs or equipment.
- CHILDREN: Children are welcome at the Alice Campbell Alumni Center but must be under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times. All event attendees, including children, must limit their access to the building to the designated area for the event and associated restrooms unless special arrangements have been made.
- CURFEW: All events at the Alice Campbell Alumni Center must
end by 11:30 p.m., and all guests must exit the building by midnight. Organizers
and clean-up crews are permitted to stay until 1 a.m. to complete their duties.